Job Title: Residential Programs Counselor -Part Time
Reports to: Director of counseling Service and Executive Director
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibilities
To promote spiritual and emotional growth and healing through biblical Christian counseling in the context of accepted therapeutic techniques and biblical resources.
Requirements for Hire:
- Please note the selection process is extensive and includes but not limited to: Interviews, Completion of an Employee Packet, Pass all Background Checks and Clearances (FBI, PA, Child abuse), Upon hire must pass Drug screening test, Mandated Reporter Certification, CPR and First Aid Certification, Medical clearance which includes a 50lb. lift test.
- Must have a Valid PA Driver’s License which includes an acceptable driving record, HOHYP insurance company requires personal auto limit of liability coverage at a minimum of each person $100,000/Each accident $300,000 (Must provide personal auto insurance declaration page) Demonstrate successful experience working with adolescents.
- Flexible hours required.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in counseling or social services field with training and experience in Biblically based Christian counseling,
additional degrees considered
Experience in counseling with preferred experience in the counseling of adolescents and family counseling. Experience in Christian counseling; or the application of Christian principles for the purpose of producing emotional healing and wholeness. Knowledge of substance abuse, physical and sexual abuse, self-harm, eating disorders, and other adolescent related disorders.
Represent the Lord by demonstrating Godly attributes and behavior. Enjoys spending time with and mentoring adolescents with the commitment to serve and protect them. Has the mature ability to make intelligent decisions during challenging situations. Patient, and have excellent communications skills.
- Patiently build trust relationship with teens and families
- Recognize unhealthy behaviors and thinking
- Develop treatment goals and plans for teens and families
- Achieve HOHYP counseling goals within individuals in keeping with the individual’s ability and potential
- Relate and apply biblical truth and spiritual principles to life issues
- Demonstrate desire and initiative to engage in ongoing training
- Ability to work cooperatively in and with a team; maintaining consistency in approach to behavioral needs
- Teachable and submissive attitude
- Communicate clearly with other team and staff member
- Efficient, clear record keeping and records management
- Integrates and interweaves therapeutic work with adolescents and parents to ensure consistency of approach to therapeutic, relational, and behavioral issues
- Counsels each teen a minimum of twice weekly for at least l hour per session, parents/guardian minimum of 1 hour weekly and before starting home visits will see teens and parents together a minimum of 3 times. After home visits begin will see them together at least once a month or as deemed necessary
- Teach a weekly group session with all teens, minimum of 1 hour when needed
- Teach weekly parenting class minimum of 2 hours weekly when needed
- Adheres to confidentiality ethics
- Recognizes and utilizes prayer and the ministry of prayer as a highly valued therapeutic tool
- Demonstrates submission to the sovereignty and wisdom of God
- Willingness to collaborate with other agencies and individuals in order to ensure quality care
- Works closely with Executive Director, Teacher, Director of Residential programs, and House Parents to ensure consistency of residents care and approach techniques for mental health and spiritual well being
- Supervise parents to ensure procedures are followed as detailed in the Residents Manual and Parents Manual