Job Title: Part Time Outpatient Counselor
Reports to: Director of Counseling Service and Executive Director
Requirements for Hire:
- Background Checks and Clearances (FBI, PA, Child abuse), Upon hire must pass Drug screening test, Mandated Reporter Certification, CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Flexible hour required.
- At a minimum, the candidate would possess a bachelors degree in psychology, social work or counseling.
- Master’s degree preferred or desired.
- Experience and training in counseling or social services field and Biblically based Christian counseling.
- Experience in a Christian counseling setting.
- Commitment to HOHYP Statement of Faith and Covenant Statement.
Related Expertise: Experience in Christian counseling; or the application of Christian principles for the purpose of producing emotional healing and wholeness. Knowledge of but not limited to, substance abuse, physical and sexual abuse, sexual identity, self-harm, eating disorders, and other adolescent related disorders.
Personal Characteristics: Represent the Lord by demonstrating Godly attributes and behavior. Has the mature ability to make intelligent decisions during challenging situations. Patient, and have excellent communications skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
A successful candidate will have the following minimum skills and qualifications needed for the job as a counselor…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients
- Ability to consider internal and external resources to develop a client treatment plan
- Organizational skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Ability to recognize need for direction and seeks input or guidance from appropriate individuals
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform initial evaluations of client needs and develops customized treatment plan
- Provide individuals with the resources needed to reach their personal goals
- Monitor client’s progress and modify their treatment plans as needed
- Refer client to additional specialists when necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of former and current client information
- Willingness to continue educating self and other staff on the latest practices
- Follow through on any mandated reporting that is necessary